White Keto Chicken "Chili"
This flavourful, rich and delicious "white chili" is a perfect compliment to a ketogenic diet and lifestyle (much like our new Ener-C Sugar-Free Orange naturally flavoured multivitamin!)
Photo by Lindsay Mustard
● 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
● 1 yellow onion, chopped
● 4 celery stalks
● 4 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
● 1 large chicken breast, chopped into cubes
● 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
● 1 tbsp cumin powder
● 1 tbsp chili powder
● 1 tsp oregano
● ½ tsp sea salt
● ½ tsp black pepper
● 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
● 3 cups chicken broth
● Optional: 2 tbsp sour cream & chopped green onions
- Heat the ghee in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and carrot and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Push the veggies to the side then add the chicken with cumin, chili powder, coriander, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add chicken broth and let the soup come to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium low, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until well combined.
- Turn up the heat to medium high, then let the mixture come back to a boil.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes until the soup is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with sour cream and green onions
Lindsay Mustard is a Holistic Nutritionist, Yoga Instructor and recipe-wizard with a burning passion for health and fitness. In her nutrition practice, Lindsay works with clients to craft a unique plan that is tailored to their specific health goals using a natural, whole food and supplement approach.